We believe this training is unique! Many LSOs need training to support them in their role, but find that general off-site courses, presented to a mixed group of
people having widely differing backgrounds, can fail to meet their expectations.
Our individual LSO training, tailored to suit your needs and given at your premises in an informal one-to-one tutorial style, can cover much of the material
included in a longer course, but at a pace and at a level that suits the individual concerned. Visual aids are used, but we can also look together at the safety
standards and other documents, and in addition review and discuss the way that lasers are being used at your premises.
LSOs who have undertaken this tutorial have found it a very effective way of developing their knowledge and understanding.
The training will cover the following topics:
- introduction to lasers
- the characteristics of light and the properties of laser radiation
- laser hazards to the eyes and the skin
- other hazards of laser equipment
- laser safety standards, requirements and guidelines
- the classification of laser products and equipment
- Laser emission and exposure limits (AELs and MPEs)
- hazard evaluation and risk assessment
- the use of appropriate safety procedures and control measures
- laser controlled areas
- LSO responsibilities
- laser safety management